Sunday, May 19, 2013
Best Blog Award!!!!
Wow - what a shock to see my 'lil ol' blog was nominated for an award, by none other than the amazing Melissa of Lacquer Reverie. :-D Unfortunately, I don't have an acceptance speech prepared! I am very honored, but feel that I & my blog don't really deserve an award, especially at this point, but I shall accept with much gratitude nonetheless and will strive to make my blog worthy of the honor that has been bestowed upon it. :-)
Along with this award comes a few things to help us bloggers get to know each other better and continue to pass the award-winning *warm fuzzies* on; namely, answering 11 questions the nominator posed, nominating up to 20 other blogs with less than 200 followers, and then posing your own 11 questions to your nominees.
So here are my answers to Melissa's questions:
1) Are you a people person or a loner?
Historically, definitely a loner, but now I think I'm at a happy medium. Love spending quality time with my friends (online or in person)!
2) If you were a weather event, what would you be?
Ummm...wow, VERY interesting question! haha Uhh, maybe a monsoon? I tend to overwhelm people with my swells of emotion?! I dunno!
3) Glitter, creme, metallic, frost, foil, or duochrome?
Best for last - heck yeah! DUOCHROME (or better yet, multichrome with linear holo, like my Hits Speciallita Mari Moon polishes :-D )
4) What has been your favorite vacation?
Any of the times I've been to Europe. If you haven't been there, GO!
5) Do you match your nails to your clothing?
Yup, sure do! As often as possible. ;-)
6) What do you consider to be your best physical feature?
Really? Ugh . . . eyes??? Everyone says my eyes are a pretty green-leaning hazel like my mom's.
7) Why did you start your blog?
I thought it might be fun to have a little space all my own in the vast wwwebiverse where I can share with myself with others, and because Essie (iHeartPrettyPolish) convinced me she was the lone MN polish blog ranger, so I needed to join her. :-)
8) What do you consider to be your best attribute?
My willingness to do just about anything for someone I care about.
9) When reading other blogs, do you read the content, look at the photos, or both?
Usually both - several times. ;-)
10) What is your happiest memory?
Ugh, wasn't I just saying I can't pick a favorite, most, or -est anything?! Sooo, I'm gonna do a bit of a cop-out & say, whenever I'm able to make someone laugh.
...aaand what a perfect segue into my next answer...
11) Would (I'm assuming Melissa meant "would," not "had") you rather be intelligent, funny, beautiful, or wealthy?
Funny :-P :-D
Although one could make an argument for wealthy without it being a base, materialistic reason (i.e. being able to help & bless lotsa people, which I would LOVE to do)
Ok, my nominees are:
Guilty As Charged - I LOVE Haleigh's logo, and she comes up with some fab, ingenius nail art!
The Good Witch (of the Midwest) - This blog is stylin' and its seems she loves indies as much as I do. :-)
KimKim's Journey - high-quality photos and very nice nails!
UKNailRunner - again, amazing photos of LOTS of purty polishes we unfortunately can't get here. :-( Oh well, it's still fun to look 'n drool!
Konad and Glitter Abuse - 2 things that are also near & dear to my polish-loving heart! ;-)
I wouldn've liked to nominate Lacquer Reverie and Me Gusta Nail Polish also, but I don't think tag-backs are allowed. ;-) And of course, a very honorable mention to iHeartPrettyPolish and Liesl Loves Pretty Things - my other sweet blogger buddies!
On to my 11 (RANDOM) questions:
1) Is there a food (whether it be premade - e.g. potato chips - or homemade) that you've discovered recently and are really liking?
2) What base coat do you use pretty much all the time?
3) If you're listening to music right now, what song/album are you listening to?
4) If you were offered a massive stash of polishes from a brand or indie maker of your choosing, which brand would you pick?
5) What have you learned recently? . . . factoid, tip, trick, something about someone . . .
6) Are you good at remembering important things?
7) Have you ever wanted to change your name (first or last)?
8) I know, I said picking favorites sucks, but what is your most favorite polish of all time? (brand & name)
9) Do you have a phobia?
10) Is there a polish you'd like to try but aren't too sure about?
11) Who on earth decided that we should answer/make up 11 questions anyways?!
Enjoy your Sunday evening, ladies!!! :-D