Monday, October 7, 2013

Fall has - fallen!! Butter LONDON Brown Sugar

If spring has sprung every year, than I guess fall has fallen, right? ;)  Well even if that's not right, I'm still saying it! LOL

Ahhh I'm apparently in a goofy mood yet again tonight!  Chatting with a passel of awesome people does that to you. :)  I've just "met" Claudia, the lovely lady behind a brand-new blog, idreamofpolish. She already has some really perfect swatches up - I wish mine  had looked that good at the beginning!!
Anyways, we spent most of Saturday chatting and let me tell you, she's an incredible person.  It blows my mind how I've met so many lovely people simply through buying polish from their sale, and then we get to chatting. :)  I can't WAIT to show you the polishes I got from Claudia - and I don't have to, because they're ALREADY HERE!!! :O  I about DIED when I came home today and saw a bubble mailer for me.  I'm soooo excited to add a Posh Bird from London and some Vice of the Illamasqua variety to the 'ol stash!! :D  Thanks a million, Claudia!

Anyhoo, back to the mani at hand! heehee

Butter London Brown Sugar

I give you some of the prettiest Brown Sugar I've ever seen!  This is two tasty coats of this amazingness, and when I took these photos, I believe I'd had it on for two or three days, with OPI Nail Envy as both the base and top coat.

Butter London Brown Sugar

As you can see - and I was surprised to discover - Brown Sugar has a lovely rich wine colored jelly-like base, absolutely filled to the brim with gold and coppery shimmer, as well as small, delicate gold and rose gold hexes. She's a total stunner, people!! ;)
I probably should've done three coats because the jelly base did lend itself to a bit of patchiness.  Also, I was in a hurry to get this done and get to bed, so of course it bubbled, BUT - another reason I ♥ this polish - it seems to disguise bubbles quite well amid the dense shimmer and thin hexes. It's got my impatient back! ;)

Butter London Brown Sugar
Why do they have to print that code on the back of the bottle?! Totally destroys the aesthetic.

Application was very smooth and well, butter-like!  My only issue was the weird brush...it was cut up at an angle on one side, so a bunch of the bristles were are all different lengths.  But interestingly enough, if I held it a certain way, it laid like a normal brush...it was just a pain to make sure I had it "right!"  I got this at Ulta (during their September calendar sale - one day only, $10 BL's) & didn't keep the receipt, so I don't think I have any hopes of exchanging it.  Not to mention, my Ulta is 2 hours away. :-/

Butter London Brown Sugar

Ahh this polish is SO gorgeous!!  Just feast your eyes on all of that brilliance from the light bouncing off all those gold shimmers & glitters!
Brown Sugar is everything I love about fall: warm, cozy, beautiful, and hearkens to the delightful, spiced fall scents we get from places like Bath & Body Works (another major addiction I have).
I honestly had never even seen this one on any blog before, but as I was perusing the display - more like picking up every single bottle to make sure I was fully aware of all of my options - and got my mitts on Brown Sugar, I believe I exclaimed out loud: "WHOA. I need this!" :P  LOL  And the rest is history. ;)


Good night, peeps!!  I hope you've enjoyed this tasty fall treat!



9 comments:

  1. I have loved this one since I first saw it. I think Yun at the Polish Hideout showed it recently??? Anyway, you have some gorgeous swatches and have made me want it even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I haven't seen it anywhere else! Awwww thank you dear!! :D I tried so hard to adequately showcase its awesomeness. :D I highly suggest you get a bottle of Sugar next time there's a sale - or treat yourself. ;-)

      Delete
  2. I fell in love with this when Yun showed it! I was actually at Ulta Sunday, taking advantage of the buy 2, get a freebie, and I decided against Brown Sugar simply because I have gotten a lot of browns lately. And because I wanted Victoriana baaaaaaadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh they had a BL buy two get one free this past Sunday?! NICE!! And you will love Victoriana, I'm sure of it. Essie convinced me I needed it just before that $10 BL sale, (coincidentally on the eve of her tribute post!) and I'm SOOO glad I got it! And thanks to that blog sale of Claudia's, I now have its greige twin too: POSH BIRD!!! :D
      I see your point; but to me Brown Sugar isn't exactly BROWN. LOL! With that raisin-y base and all the insane shimmer, it's just so...royal, IMO. :)

      Delete
    2. Ahhhh Melissa welcome to the Victoriana gang - I think it is one of my alltime favorites!!!!

      Delete
  3. Hi Emily - molto perfeto!!! I love Brown Sugar on you - I ordered it as soon as it became available in Europe ;-) it looks perfect on you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I'm awful!! :O How did I not see your comments 'til now?!
      Awww thank you SOOO much, dear! :D I'm glad you have this beaut in your stash as well!

      Delete
  4. I usually don't like browns, but this one is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See the awesome thing about this is it's quite the misnomer - it's not really brown!! Maybe in some lights it would appear to be, but in most situations, you can see the deep wine-y, burgundy jelly base & all that GOLD shimmer/glitter. :D ♥

      Delete