Saturday, July 6, 2013

A fairy tale on mah nails: Cameo Colours The Glass Slippers

Hello ladies!  I hope you're all have a lovely Saturday. :-)  I didn't expect to be able to do this post today, since I happen to be at my parent's house "in the sticks" where they just got DSL last year.  Yes, we had dial-up until then.  Well, it turns out my genius little brother who is home from college for the summer had the presence of mind to get a router that would convert the DSL into wireless, so he & I are currently chilling in the living room; he's playing Halo online & I'm blogging, ogling blogs, & listening to YouTube.

This has been a rather strange week...my shifts were all over the place and I had Wednesday off to celebrate a momentous occasion with my bestie, so although I intended to show y'all this mani much sooner, at the end of every day, the amount of work involved in a blog post made me just want to go to bed!  I'm sure all you fellow bloggers know what I'm talking about! ;-)  So, with many apologies & without further ado, I give you THE GLASS SLIPPERS:


Cameo of Cameo Colours Lacquers was uber-kind and sent me this one after I had an issue with one of her other polishes that I purchased a couple weeks ago.  So when I messaged her about it, she not only apologized for the weird polish behavior, but said she'd already prepared a package with supplies that should rectify the issue & a full-size bottle of TGS!!! :-O  I was utterly blown away by her amazing customer service - I really didn't expect such kindness & generosity!  And this is such a dreamy, fairy tale-esque polish.  :-D


As you can see, it's a fairly opaque white pearl? base (rather hard to tell as it's got SO much goin' on!) with pastel pink and green micro glass flecks and slightly larger gold flecks.  I'm sort of wondering if she was going for a semi-textured polish because as you can probably tell from the photos, it is somewhat bumpy.  Either that or it's just the nature of all those awesome flecks!  I wish it were sunny today so I could show you just how sparkly it and amazing it is in the sun.  
So, the beauty and the bottle/brush are top-notch, however the one downfall to this polish is that it was like trying to put on old glue.  SUPER hard to work with! :-/  That is why, much to my chagrin, my nails are a bit messy.  And cleanup doesn't do much, because this is one durable polish!  What you see here is two coats (plus Sally Hansen 4 in 1) and I've had it on since Monday. WHOA.  It definitely redeems itself in that!


I have no doubt however that once I get my manicured paws on some Seche Restore, adding a couple drops will make it much easier to paint with. :-)  But regardless & like others have said before, I'll put up with its spoiled princess attitude for a polish this beautiful and unique!  I am aware the above photo is blurry, and I was considering not using it, but it shows the sparkle when the sun can't be bothered to help a girl out.

Awww lookit the little bunny, just peekin' out from behind my thumb ;-)
The accent nail!  Ahh, the accent nail...I was planning on using my fresh-killed lemming: L'Oreal Creme Puffs - thanks to a kind lady from a polish group on Facebook - however, something was in the air on Monday night, and it resulted in a horribly bubbly creme puff. :-(  Realizing there is a fair amount of pink sparkle in TGS, I decided Mod About You would be a nice second choice.  I think this is 3 coats (patchy little sucker!) and I HAD to jazz it up for y'all, so thanks to the Llarowe package that arrived yesterday, I give you a french tip/wannabe gradient in Hare Polish Own Your Opulence. :-D
OYO goes perfectly with TGS: it's a glitter topper, jam-packed with small matte pastel pink, gold, black, and matte baby blue hexes, small black & baby blue (or maybe matte mint?) squares, and a microshimmery gold dust base (no, not real gold dust!). BEAUTIFUL!  I'm really excited to use this one for a full mani.  I got it on clearance for $5 in Llarowe's sale section.  Unfortunately, it appears to be gone, but What I Wore to the Revolution is still there for $5.

I hope you enjoyed this mani as much as I have THIS ENTIRE WEEK! :-D  Enjoy your 4th of July weekend, peeps . . . I'm off to an afternoon of pontooning & jetskiing!  . . . If it would just get sunny. Grr.



10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, look at how gorgeous your photos are! You've turned a corner, girlie ♥ It'll be fun to look back in a year and see exactly where these things happened. Anyhoo, beautiful, soft, and totally fun mani and YAY YOU for getting a hold of Creme Puffs!! Have fun in the un-sun ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwwwwww!! :-D Yay, Liesl says I've turned a corner! *does a happy dance*
      Mmmhmm, I agree. I can already see an improvement from the first few posts. Thanks! I thought it was purty AND purty fun meself! :-P Yes I was glad to kill that lemming. ;-) "Un-sun" ...LOL!!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Liesl...your photos are great. :) And this polish...it IS fairytale-esque! I love the blurry shot because it makes the polish look like magical sand!! :D I saw some Creme Puffs over the weekend, and the whole Versailles collection for that matter, marked down to $2.99 each and I thought of you, LOL...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can I get another "awwwwwwwww?!" :-D Sooo glad my photos are turning out better! I used to be so frustrated with them. It IS magical sand! Love it. :-D
      Ooh giiirl, why did you hafta mention the markdown?! AGH. Makes me crazy, knowing I overpaid for something. :-/ Oh well, no use dwelling on it 'cuz it ain't gonna change anything! ;-) I hope you got the pistachio one that you mentioned liking! Too good to pass up at that price.

      Delete
  3. So pretty! It looks like magical sand. I agree with Liesl and Mel, your pictures are fantastic! And of course, who doesn't love accent nails?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you Clare!! :-D Yes, they're super fun - I thought Own Your Opulence was the perfect finishing touch to this mani. :-)

      Delete
  4. Cute mani! It goes well with the bunny on the bottle:) I hear ya about the application of Mod About You, but isn't it a beautiful cool pink? Great pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! :-D And you're the only person to notice how adorable the hare is. ;-) I just LOVE Hare Polish! And yes, MAY is definitely a pain, but it truly is that lovely mod 50's pink that will pair perfectly with a mint green. I need to do a mani like that very soon!!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it would look awesome with a mint green! Do it:)

      Delete
    3. I think I will! I came up with THE perfect mani idea today, using Mod About You and a mint green...and some other things that shall remain a secret for now. ;-)

      Delete