Saturday, June 29, 2013

A trip to Brazil with Hits Mari Moon Chameleon

WOW.  Breathtaking!!  I just can't get enough of this polish.  It literally made me oooh and ahhh as I shifted & angled my fingers to catch every color possible.  I'd MOVE to Brazil for these polishes alone!  Hits truly has some amazing multichromes - I have two from another collection that are not only multichromes, but linear holos. :O  You wanna see 'em??  Oh of course you do!  I will get them on the blog someday soon-ish.  So.many.PRETTIES.

In case you didn't suspect this, I'll warn you this is gonna be a very pic-heavy post!  More photos, less talk!  HA we'll see how I, Ms. Long-winded, do with that.  Let's ogle HMM Chameleon together, shall we? ;-)


Look at that insane emerald flash!  My poor camera can't even handle it! hahaha
It totally reminds me of the gorgeous green you find on peacock feathers.  Like, spot on.


^ Here you can see the rosy taupe shift.  And below, we're back to the unbelievable emerald!


For this mani, I used my Essie Fill the Gap basecoat (I have some horrible ridges on my thumbs lately), followed by one coat of Revlon Black Star (supposedly a Rapid Dry, but not.at.all), and finally one coat of Chameleon.  He was a quite an eager little reptile, excited to get out of the bottle after being cooped up for who knows how long!  I thank the bloggers who have shared the tip of putting duo or multichromes over black, because they truly do make the colors pop.  My roommate tried putting a bit of Chameleon on her thumb, and boyyy was it ever sheer!  So I totally recommend black undies for these.  Oh, of course I topped it all off with some Seche Vite, which is an almost gone, gloopy bottle, so I re-topped them with that Sally Hansen 4 in 1 clear coat stuff.  Good stuff!


Outdoors, shade.  You can see the hint of blurple that shows up from time to time.  It's in the bottle for sure. ;-)


Outdoors, full sun.  It's almost a golden green at times.



Ok, as you can probably tell, this one was edited . . .  I tried to play with the colors and saturation, trying to get the rosy taupe color to come out 'n play.  It's quite evident IRL, but my camera just did NOT want to pick it up. :-(  Despite my efforts, it still looks more coppery.  Meh, oh well.  Hey LOOK - a purty geranium flower!


I actually picked Chameleon up in a blog sale, and I think I know why she wanted to get rid of it . . .



Yikes this brush is horrendous!!  It looks like a glitzy sea urchin. :-/  But I was somehow still able to do a decent paint job with it.  One day, I'll probably clip off those straggly strands & then it should be A-okay!  I originally saw this polish here on Llarowe, and drooled over it, so when I saw it on the blog sale, I emailed the seller in like 2.5 seconds to make sure someone else didn't swipe it first!  So, bottom line: get this!  Get it right now! hahaha  You'll thank me. :-)





Aaaand, as a little teaser trailer for you, I give you one of my true loves: An indie!  Cameo Colours Lacquers The Glass Slippers. :-D  I had originally ordered Zebra Diva and Neon Lit Lights from Cameo, but I had some issues with NLL, and even though I offered to send it back in exchange for something else, she simply messaged me back, apologized for the issue, and said she had already shipped me out some supplies (only a matter of hours later!) that should rectify the issue with NLL AND a full-size bottle of this amazing polish!!! :O  Now THAT is another fabulous example of above & beyond customer service!  I can't wait to try this one out. :-)  PLEASE do check out her Etsy shop here.  You'll be glad you did!


10 comments:

  1. Wow, what a beautiful polish! And some awesome pictures! Great paint job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one? Chameleon or The Glass Slippers? ;-) I seriously love the one I have coming soon for y'all...it's so beautiful and sparkly and even has gold flakies! She originally made it as a custom for her best friend's wedding, and then just made some minor changes to sell it in the shop. :-) Thank you for the lovely compliment! I'm so glad to finally see progress in the neatness & quality! :-D

      Delete
    2. Well...I guess both:) But I am waiting to see what The Glass Slippers looks like on:)

      Delete
    3. I figured you meant both...jus' checkin'! ;-) Well, you won't have to wait much longer!!!

      Delete
  2. LOLOLOL!!! Oh my word...what a funny post...a "glitzy sea urchin"!!! This green is beautiful and the pics are *wonderful*, except for that blasted geranium distracting me!! :P And I just love, love, LOVE that "coming soon" sign. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I don't really know what got into me that night...I must've been on my game!! :-D As far as I'm concerned, making you laugh is a big accomplishment since you're like the queen of humor! If I remember correctly, you came to mind while I was writing the glitz sea urchin comparison. :-D
      Darn geranium...I'll hafta tell him to keep his petals outta my pics next time. ;-) I'm really glad I read something about GIF's, because I really wanted something animated & not just a static image for that sign! yay!
      So glad you liked this post, & my pics! *blushes

      Delete
  3. This polish is so cool! The first pic is amazing! *sigh* It's so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is BEYOND cool!!!!!!!! :-D I hope you can get your hands on a bottle sometime soon, if you don't already have one. :-) Isn't the emerald just OUTRAGEOUS?!

      Delete
  4. METALLIC GREEN SHIFTY GOOOODNESSSSS,♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ You did an amazing job with that sea creature-ish brush and your photos are lovely, especially 4 and 8. Imma pin #4, mkay?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehehe!!! YAY for metallic green shifty goodness! :-D Why thank you - I'm pretty sure my saving grace was the fact that I had a black base coat. Otherwise, who knows what my mani would've looked like. o_O
      And thank you again! :-D Can you believe those are with no editing?! :-O ...well, except for the one with the geranium that I said was edited. ;-) Pin away, my dear!!

      Delete