Y - I - K - E - S!!!!!!!!!!!
I thiiink it's safe to say I've become a bit of a beauty addict...
And I am going to enter a plea of insanity under the defense: THE BLOGGER MADE ME DO IT!
My dear nail blogger buddy, Liesl of Liesl Loves Pretty Things has been true to her "resolution" of sorts to branch out into more beauty and fashion posts this year. And I'm clearly loving - & influenced by them! ;)
e.l.f. is a brand that was not even on my radar at all really, until Liesl started showing us so many of their wonderful and affordable products! I was definitely intrigued, but had never seen them in my area. Then one day on a rare stop at my local K-Mart (in hopes of scoring the much-posted-about clearance Essie polishes), much to my dismay and pleasant surprise, what had appeared in the revamped beauty section but e.l.f. products?! And as if that wasn't enough, our Wal-Mart got a square aisle display shortly thereafter! So I umm... went hog wild.
1) e.l.f. Professional Total Face Brush - $1, Wal-Mart
2) e.l.f. Eyeshadow "C" Brush - $3, K-mart
3) Plastic aviator sunglasses - $1, Target dollar section!
4) OPI Don't Bossa Nova Me Around - ?? (roomie brought it home for me just today!)
5) Burt's Bees Herbal Blemish Stick -$8.49, Walgreens
6) e.l.f. Smudge Brush - $1, Wal-Mart
7) e.l.f. Small Angled Brush - $3, K-mart
8) e.l.f. Concealer Brush - $1, Target
9) Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm - $2.99, Target
10) Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Red Velvet, - $5, K-mart
11) Woven plastic zipper clutch - $1, Target dollar section!
12) e.l.f. Long Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow in purple - $3, K-mart
13) e.l.f. High Definition Undereye Setting Powder - $3, K-mart
14) L'Oreal Infallible 24-hr eyeshadow in Sultry Smoke - $7.99, K-Mart
15) L'Oreal Carbon Black Pencil Perfect eyeliner - $3.99, K-Mart
16) L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes Excess - $8.99, K-Mart
17) L'Oreal Infallible 24-hr eyeshadow in Endless Sea - $3.99, K-Mart (they were having a buy one, get one 1/2 off deal on L'Oreal eye products, so I splurged and got some fun & dramatic new stuff!)
All of that for just a HAIR under $50!!!! In the words of Vector from Despicable Me: "OH YEAH!" :D
I realized just a moment ago that it would've been more appropriate to include the L.A. Girl Sand Blast polish (Sands of Time, GREAT sub for Zoya Tomoko!) I picked up today at our Thrifty White drugstore, and the Cover Girl polish (Salt Water Taffy) that was also BOGO half off at Walgreens -- INSTEAD of the OPI since that is clearly not bargain, nor drugstore, but I was just sooo excited to finally have DBNMA that I threw it in my arrangement! Oh well!
Also not shown here are the e.l.f. blotting sheets I grabbed at Target last weekend. Just used one this afternoon and they work very well on my extra-oily teenager-like skin. :P ...I'm 28. -_-
Oh, hence why I decided to give the Burt's Bees blemish rollerball a try! I've tried every other over-the-counter product, so why not?! Some people might find the very strong herbal scent repulsive, but I rather like it. It's got tea tree oil, juniper oil, willow bark, and a whole lotta alcohol! ...which I did not realize when I bought it, hence the BURN, but I can handle that. Especially since it does in fact seem to be helping zits heal/disappear faster!
So far, I'm absolutely, positively pleased as punch with all of my purchases! All of the L'Oreal eye products are fabulous - I use the mascara & liner almost every day, and I did play with the colors when I had a flexible amount of time to get ready for the day. ;) Oh and they really DO wear all day... not 24 hours, by any means, but I got a good 12 hours out of the below look I did with Tarte Amazonian Clay primer as a base, and using Cover Girl and Victoria's Secret neutrals to temper the boldness of the colors. LOVED it! And I feel it came out pretty well considering my limited knowledge when it comes to all things beauty-related.
So there you have it, folks! My first insane infusion of beauty products and well, this would've been posted on Saturday in the fashion of Liesl's "Happy Caturday" beauty posts, but I was multitasking and doing other things while writing this. And now it's Sunday! I guess that IS how the days of the week go! LOL Yup, overtired goofiness is settin' in. :)
Have a fabulous remainder of your weekend, and if you want to know more about any of the items shown here, feel free to leave a comment. I read & respond to all of them!