Thursday, September 12, 2013

A different kind of guest post!

Today I decided to try something completely different in the world of nail blog posts: a non-blogger guest post! ...or maybe it's not completely  different, since there's nothing new under the sun, right, King Solomon? (Bible ref.)  :)  I have a dear, sweet young friend (whom I always forget is young because she's very  mature!) & is probably the only person I know in real life who also gets excited about nail polish like I do - for the most part - she's not as crazy obsessed as I am - so, this summer during the production of Fiddler on the Roof that we were both a part of, I would continually show her my nails and bring her polishes from my stash to try out.  I HAD to show her what indies were, right?! Of COURSE, right!  You may remember my post featuring Liquid Lacquer's Dirty Watermelons + ChG neons, well, that weekend, I let her borrow those same polishes.  Let's see what she did with them, shall we?

China Glaze Highlight of My Summer, ChG Pool Party, HOMS, HOMS, all topped with Liquid Lacquer Dirty Watermelons

I know, the lighting is not the best, nor is the focus, but her ride was about to leave, so we had to snap a couple of pics super fast! ;)  Isn't her design ABSOLUTELY adorable?!!!  Breanna, you got some wicked nail art skillz, chica!  I believe  that was all freehand.  Well, and a bobby pin for the dots, if I remember correctly?  I just think this is such a fun mani, and Dirty Watermelons is perfect on the tips! :D  You go, girl!



I love how she did the dots the opposite color of the tips.  Details like that are what count!  I think she used my Sally Hansen base coat, then probably two coats of Highlight of My Summer and one of Pool Party since the formula was much better on Pool Party.  Oh dear, it must be my bedtime!  I almost wrote "Poop Party!"  :P  Embarrassing, but I had to share it in hopes it'll make you laugh. :)



I couldn't resist including this: here's Miss Breanna, (navy flowered dress) doing an UHmazing job "balancing" the bottle on her head for one of the Fiddler wedding scene dances.  And executing some pretty fancy footwork, to boot!  Seriously, there is no way I would've been able to learn that choreography in the time frame that they learned it.  I've gotta say, it was SUPER hilarious, watching two burly 40-something year-old men doing near-ballet moves.  But THEY even learned the choreography better than I would've though! Ohh the shame! ;)

So what did you think of a guest post (of sorts) from a non-blogger?  Would you like to see more of Breanna's nail art?  I was thinking maybe I would have her  do the write-up next time, so it would be more along the lines of a typical guest post and you would get the "hear" her voice. :)


Yawn.  Okay, bedtime, my dears!!  And Happy Friday! :D


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! I bet she is excited to be featured on your blog:) Tell her some polish is coming her way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D I know, right?! She just might be a natural at the whole nail art thing. :) And yes, she was...I believe she FB messaged me & said it was "the sweetest thing ever." ;) I would, but I want it to be a total surprise, I think...I ♥ surprising people! (e.g. those OPI's off your wishlist) hehe :)

      Delete